Jul 06 2015
Program design and project management, Pakistan
Photos by Matiullah Achakzai and Aurangzaib Khan for News Lens Pakistan
Schnellinger has been designing and managing media development work in Pakistan since mid-2012.
- As proposal author and project manager, designed and implemented two multi-faceted media programs across Pakistan
- Supervised project activities with five nationalities working across 15 time zones
- Built nationwide teams of journalists for government accountability coverage
- Co-created News Lens Pakistan, a national news cooperative publishing daily in Urdu, Pashto and English
- Created Truth Tracker, a promise-tracking and fact-checking website, and PakPolWiki, a resource on elections
- Conducted and managed collaborative learning sessions for 350+ reporters on elections and government issues coverage and 250 reporters on journalism fundamental skills, human rights and government accountability
- Oversaw team of international mentors who worked with Pakistani journalists to produce more than 100 stories and more than 200 photos for publication on UPI.com
- Awarded competitive mini-grants for reporting projects, equipment, and safety measures to 45 Pakistani journalists
- Developed a local evaluation team to conduct content analysis and track skill progress.